Tuesday 10 April 2018

Gas attack survivor to world: Shame on you



 Kassem Eid:

 "My message to the international community is that you should be ashamed. You are as guilty as Assad, and Putin, and Iran, for the atrocities in Syria, for more than seven years. More than 700,000 people got killed, and millions displaced. It's not just about the chemical weapons. I lived for two years under siege and bombardment. I used to eat from the trash cans, alongside the other civilians under siege; just like the people in Douma in Eastern Ghouta, who have been enduring siege for many years.

 I would tell the international community: you should do something, right now, to save whoever's left in Douma. People are forced to flee, women will be detained and raped, men will be slaughtered, children will be killed, just as they do each and every time. Because it happened in my town. I survived it.

 I ask Ambassador Nikki Haley to resign. Because two months ago, I went to her office in New York, and I told her assistants that my friends on the ground are telling me that the Assad régime is planning on a large-scale chemical weapons attack. All that they did was ignore me."

No comments:

Post a Comment