Thursday 4 December 2014

The road to death in Ghouta begins with a wood-gathering trip

The road to death in Ghouta begins with a wood-gathering trip
"Ali, an FSA fighter stationed in Jobar, talked about the double suffering he faces; fighting off regime’s struggle to advance in the neighbourhood and providing the necessities of daily life. In an interview with the Revolutionary Forces of Syria Media Office correspondent, he said, “I stay at the neighbourhood for two days and during my free time I gather as much firewood as I can, then I have to walk for five kilometres back home; my brothers would be waiting for the firewood.” 
Almost everywhere in eastern Ghouta, you could see children searching for food to survive. Although the people here have experienced the worst living conditions and have been forgotten by the whole world, they are still living with dignity and refusing to kneel down for the Assad regime."

No comments:

Post a Comment