Tuesday 22 July 2014

I Can't Hear You No More


 Idrees Ahmad: "I appreciate some of the things they do, but I refuse to share anything from Electronic Intifada, one of whose editors openly celebrated Assad's "re-election", or Mondoweiss, which promoted anti-Syrian victim-blaming conspiracy theories and refused to report on the situation in Yarmouk, or halfwits like Jonathan Cook who smeared me for getting the pro-fascist nun Mother Agnes booted from a "peace conference" in London, or the odious Mairead Maguire, who actually went on a solidarity tour with Assad. I no longer watch Democracy Now! after they gave Seymour Hersh a platform to promote his conspiracy theories unchallenged. They have yet to atone for it. Then there are those who use the Palestinian cause as a career. Their silence on Syria did not go unnoticed by me. I have only contempt for them. But they are too insignificant to be named. Let's confine ourselves to people whose principles are consistent. Thankfully, there are more than a few of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment