Thursday 24 September 2015

The Syrian refugees who built a city from nothing in no-man's land



 ' "My wife – the girls' mother – died when the roof of our house collapsed after a barrel bomb attack," says 38-year-old Mohammed, sitting on the floor inside the sweltering corrugated metal building that has been home for three years now. 
 We were sleeping in our house in the early morning around 5 a.m. when the bomb struck. We woke up with rubble on top of us. I lost consciousness and was separated from my children and brought to the hospital."
 Mohammed said fighters in the Free Syrian Army carried him on their backs to the Jordanian border. Days later, he was reunited with his children at the home of a friend. 
 "I would like to go back to Syria – nothing can replace my country," '

No comments:

Post a Comment